So, if you're a regular follower, you noticed my blog title changed...and it is based off of this verse. I recently finished a study on Esther and only now am putting together what I think could be my destiny.
t too long ago, I mentioned to my mom that I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life (meaning my reserve status, future, etc). You know what she said? "Courtney, I think you're already doing it and that your future is pretty set." Simple, yet so profound!
Growing up, I imagined that I would do something big or extraordinary and now I am realizing that destiny sometimes can be completely ordinary. As ordinary as the daily grind of changing dirty diaper after dirty diaper. Who knew that I would be in this place, at this time, and with this purpose? Only HE did.
I have finally come to realize that my role as a wife and mom is to do those mundane, ordinary tasks that seem thankless in the big world. My husband hates mess. Clutter and mess really stresses him out. So do dirty toddler fingers. As dumb as this seems, I feel my destiny at this moment is to help keep James as destressed as possible. Even if that just means cleaning up before he comes home and washing Connor's hands every now and again. Because he is the one with the big or extraordinary destiny-the task of protecting our freedom.
The point is that destiny changes. It ebbs and flows. But I truly believe I was destined to be a mom. Destined to be James' wife to serve him here in this place. I am 100% okay with ordinary and refuse to miss out on life waiting for something BIG to happen when it's already here.
The three reasons why I exist.
4 comments:
Moms are so wise!
I'm not sure if I've ever commented here before, but wanted to here.
I love this post. Yes, being a Mom seems so mundane and ordinary, but it truly is extraordinary.
You're a great Mom with a beautiful family that you take care of. Enjoy it!
Moms are very wise indeed :) Thanks for commenting Katie! I love being a mom more than anything!
Post a Comment