On Sunday, we talked about the fruits of the spirit. The pastor did a great job comparing the fruits versus the empty substitutes from the devil. Here's what it looked like:
| God | Satan |
| Love | Lust |
| Joy | Revelry |
| Peace | Control |
| Patience | Resignation |
| Kindness | Tolerance |
| Goodness | Perfection |
| Faithfulness | Self-reliance |
| Gentleness | Aggression |
| Self Control | Rebellion |
To fully receive these fruits, we must align ourselves with Christ and take ourselves away from worldly living. I hear all too often that it is just so hard to live a Christian life in this world. I kinda agree, but kinda don't. Here's why: You can choose what you are involved with and what you aren't. Get rid of the cable and trash magazines. Get rid of the images of unachievable perfection that fills fashion magazies and advertisements. Watch what you listen to on the radio. Fill your ears with praise to Jesus, not with most of the slanderous music that is on popular radio stations. Choose your friends wisely and read the Bible daily to fully get your mind centered around Him.
Sometimes, it's the hard thing to do, but you will reap so many rewards for doing it. Sometimes you won't be the most popular person in your circle. Sometimes it will take months to make good friends. Sometimes people will mis-interpret your motives. But the reward for doing it is so much more than resignation. It is a true, unabounding JOY!
"But my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:
thank you, friend. this is just what i needed this morning. we've been talking a lot around here about things in the world and how/why we want to be different. like you said, it's not really that hard to separate yourself from things that are of the world/not fruitful. you just have to make a point to think about what you want to choose for your life, and then do that. i had an interesting time with some girls from our apartment complex last night. it was good and fun. i just felt like we weren't into the same things at all, you know? i miss you, jenn, katie and trish!
love and miss you,
brooke:)
You are missed too. I am so thankful that I have you in my life! I can say with 100% certainty that God put you in my life...and I am so grateful that He did. Love you Brooke!
Post a Comment