How is it possible that he could go from this....
To this...in just one year?
His first year of life was a rocky one, but blessed none the less. After the most incredible birth, he started showing signs of colic around 6 weeks. From there it continued until he was finally diagnosed with silent reflux around 8 months. Then entered Prevacid & saved us all!
After getting the Prevacid, he blossomed. He started schooching, babbling & SLEEPING! He currently will say sounds of things (like...vroom vroom for car, mow mow for cat, nahhh for horse). He even started crawling & is getting very brave with walking while holding onto things. He hasn't let go or stood on his own yet, but he'll get there. He only has 2 teeth, but the boy loves to eat! He's adventurous & I finally have someone else in the house that likes sweet potatoes. He's been feeding himself for about 4 months now, so dinner time is always very messy :) He's lived in three different houses and states in his first year. Military brat at it's finest!
This year just flew by to me...but stood still at some moments. There were countless nights I just had to resolve to get no sleep, rock & hug him. It was those nights I prayed for him, for our family & begged for mercy. Jacob taught me that I'm a lot tougher than I thought. He's taught me that my wants & needs aren't always met, but that it's the kid's that the most important.
I will never forget the incredible joy when the Dr said "It's a BOY!" I couldn't imagine my life without this precious little boy and I am so incredibly thankful and honored that God chose me to be his mom. Happy Birthday little Jacob!!

No comments:
Post a Comment