Why hello blog! And hello 2012! Nice to see you...it's been a while. I did a post of New Year's Resolutions last year & really I have none. I do however, have a new conviction. Living a life of passion.
Let me explain why this is so profound to me even though it seems so simple. The past few months, I've been praying for God to make himself clear on where He wants me to go in life. With the boys, Zumba, Childbirth Education, with friends. And here is the answer...if it moves me to tears, I'm supposed to do it. Yeah, silly way to decide what to do with myself, but all of the above drive me forward. They get me out of bed in the morning.
First and foremost, my goal this year is to form friendships based in Truth. I avoided every Bible study I was invited to last year for fear of replacing my amazing group of girls in Wichita Falls. I HAVE to get over that fear and open myself up to developing deep friendships with people that are present in my life right now.
Second, continue to do the things that move me. With Zumba, I will be bold in my faith. I will not be afraid to bring Christ to the aerobics room. This is my stage & I will use it....wherever that leads, I will follow. Body transformation is from the inside out...not the other way around. If you work on people's hearts, their bodies will quickly follow suit. I am praying now to have an opportunity to do a church based class where we can do a 5-10 minute devotional at the end of class, with clean music, women only, and even Christian music. That will take time I know, because we have to find a church home first, but it's out there waiting for me here...I can feel it.
Third, I want to show women how AWESOME their bodies are. I want EVERYONE to walk away from their birth proud of their abilities and full of joy. That is going to require some resolve in me because I need to get over my "I hate doctors" mentality. Doctors aren't bad, they are needed, and it's more important that moms education themselves on their choices and base their choices on information...not just what someone else tells them to do.
And last, but certainty not least, I want to ENJOY my boys. It's time to sit back and play. I tell you what, almost every night before bed, I well up with tears because they are growing so fast. They are both so amazing &; I still have no idea how I got so lucky to be their mom. The other night, instead of forcing Connor in bed at his usual 8 pm bedtime, we magically transformed the living room into a swimming pool, where the rug was the pool & the couches were slides. It was magical & fun & ridiculous to the outsider, but I absolutely love his imagination. I want to be able to imagine like a kid again and love life the way they do...where everyday is a new adventure.
In total, the goal of this year (and in every year) will be to NEED God, FOLLOW God, and DELIGHT in God. The Bible says: "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:17. And that my friends is where passion comes from. I want to live life for Christ, give life to the passions he has instilled in me, and go forth with an attitude of thanksgiving.
3 comments:
I think this is perfect for you, Courtney. Also, I make you well up with tears, too...just one way of many that i know we are and always will be great friends! :) love to you
Thank you Brooke :) I added a little more to this, I didn't realize it was already published! I MISS YOU!
Our bodies are TOTALLY amazing! Having a c-section followed by a natural birth, oh man. I want to shout from the rooftops and shake women by the shoulders when they think something's wrong with them because someone in a Drs coat said something ridiculous. (I'm not anti-doctor either, just maybe anti-Obstetricians. Not every woman needs a surgeon for her delivery).
My favorite is listening to Clara's bedtime stories she sometimes tells me. We keep a book of funny/silly things the girls say and do while they're little like this. It's already bitter sweet to read through : )
Sorry for the comment blitz. Just found your blog so am catching up! :)
Post a Comment