Well...life has been crazy here to say the least. If you don't know, I started staying home in September and well, I have been having so much fun with the FREEDOM! Every day Connor and I wake up, have breakfast, head out to the YMCA and I get to exercise for two whole hours. I started Zumba, something I said I would never do, and it is so much fun. I was taking Connor to a music class where he learned a lot of tones and beats-which he really picked up on.
Since September life has not really slowed much-we went from New Mexico for a visit, to Bellville for the Austin County Fair, Connor's dedication at Fairway, Baylor Homecoming, Chase's Wedding, Ashley's Bachelorette Cruise, Thanksgiving, Ashley & Ryan's wedding, and Christmas. Oh yeah, and throw in a guard weekend for me once a month! It's been busy!
I am still working on my masters, which was all a part of the five year plan that no longer exists. It's funny how God laughs at your well-made plans and says "I am mightier than you-try to out smart me!" It also so amazing to find that true happieness comes from trusting God more than yourself. I have had to learn to let go a lot this year-of my salary, my body, my future and just learn to depend on Him....and I have never been happier even though we're broke and I'm in a size 8 (from a 14-YIKES-in February) rather than a 6.
So, some Connor updates...the boy has gone from rolling, crawling, and yes, even a little WALKING! His current record is 4 steps, but no farther. He is truly becoming a mess and is into everything. The other day, he discovered how to flush the toilet and man was that some entertainment for him! He was so proud to hear the toilet flush over and over again. James has also taught him how to go feet first when he is on the couch or bed. Such a smart little boy he is :) He knows how to turn pages in books and his favorites right now are "That's Not My Airplane" and his book of colors. Each is a board book that has feeling things on each page and he likes to tough the different textures.
Here are a few pictures for you!!



4 comments:
Yes I love it alot! Thanks for updating...someone out there is watching.....I love you!
aunt Lisa
Thanks for watching! Hey, how do you see who is following your page? Is that possible?
back to blogging, eh? i like it:)
Yes...I kinda have a lot on my mind these days Brooke!
Post a Comment