Friday, February 12, 2010

My own love story...

Although we had been in ROTC together since I was a freshman and James was a junior, James never spoke to me. I even rode in his car once and I remember talking the whole time...and nothing but silence :) Until that day at the SLC and I was in the red bikini-then he started to pay attention. We played peanuts that night and ate left over pizza. That was the start of it all….me waiting patiently for James to pay attention to me…

I asked James to my sorority's Barn Dance that October and that was our first date. After a few weeks of playing peanuts and hanging out and me dragging James all over the place, we went on a trip to San Antonio to the air show in November.

I remember watching him that day and it was so amazing. He had so much passion for those air planes. It was so cute how exited he would get. That night was the night.

On November 6, 2004 while we were at dinner on the Riverwalk (and I was in the restroom...as usual) Barron asked you a simple question.
'When are you going to ask Courtney out?'

From that moment on, things haven't been the same. James started paying for things, like the carriage ride and the movie. The Incredibles! We cuddled for a few weeks…ate tons of ice cream and locked Brian out of your apartment a few times. Then the stars aligned and the magic happened….the first kiss.
It was perfect.

We have been on an incredible journey since the beginning-first pilot training, getting married, buying our first house, and having our first baby. I love you James-more now than ever. Who knew that love could continue to grow and change....but it does and I'm so glad you listened to Barron :)

1 comment:

lisa said...

That is so beautiful Courtney! So glad you found James and he you. Love you! Lisa