I had this random thought tonight...how many Bible studies actually study the Bible? All too often, I think we go for the touchy, feely, insightful stuff, but in some ways, we're missing the point. The TRUTH is is the Word, and by avoiding the Word, aren't we giving the devil what he wants? We tried yet another church this Sunday and they were going through the book of Isaiah. He preached Chapter 42. Here is what made me think of this:
"This is what God the Lord says-
he who created the heavens and
stretched them out
who spread out the earth and all
that comes out of it
who gives breath to its people
and life to those who walk in it
I the Lord, have called you in
righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand,
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison,
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkess."
How can we do any one of these things if we are so focused on ourselves? The focus should be taken away from you and should be placed first, in Christ, and second into serving others as a reflection of our love for Christ.
2 comments:
Hey, Courtney!
This is exactly the line of thinking that landed David and me in Bible College. haha!
Katie
That is so awesome Katie!
Post a Comment