Sunday, October 28, 2012

Thankful


Without a doubt, James is my greatest accomplishment EVER.  I can not even describe how thankful I am for him, the parents who raised him, and for a God who chose me fit to be his wife.

When I was a little girl, I would pray every day that my Dad would come back.  It was odd, because my parents were divorced by the time I was 18 months, so I knew in my heart that would never happen.  Regardless, it was my solid prayer.  There were times I questioned God's sovereignty because of my relationship with my Dad.  There was a reason, while I couldn't see it then, and I grew up to learn that while earthly fathers may fail, our Heavenly Father WILL NOT.

October 11, 2012 was the day that all came full-circle.  Throughout the deployment, I reminded our boys that they had an amazing Daddy:  one who would never choose to leave them, but had to protect our country from the "bad guys" (as Connor calls them).  God has proven Himself faithful yet again.  My boys got the most beautiful homecoming and God gave me a gift of peace. He is home. 

This year, too many friends have suffered the loss of a husband, marriage, or father of their children.  Friends who were killed in action, friends who chose to leave their families, friends who took the easy way out.   I will not take this opportunity for granted. 

God, thank you for blessing me with a beautiful husband.  One who puts his life on the line for not just me, but for millions of people who will never know he exists.  Thank you for bringing him home to us.  Thank you for the amazing example he is to our brave boys.  You ARE GOOD!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

love it. you are blessed. your boys are blessed. :)