Monday, February 21, 2011

Jacob

Well, it's time I started posting about our little baby boy Jacob!  I took him in last week for his 2 month check up (yes, a month late) and he is already 12 lbs.  He is a super sweet baby and is perfectly content as long as he's fed and changed.  He is great at playing by himself.  I've tried multiple times to get a picture of his sweet smile, but he saves it up and takes it away once the camera comes out.  He talks a LOT and has some pretty heart melting coos. 

The only kink to all of the sweetness is that this little monster comes out around 8 pm.  We've done the same things we did with Connor for the pre-bed time ritual and Jacob is not picking up the hints.  The Dr diagnosed him with mild colic (which I'm starting to think it's more that he's stubborn).  Once he starts crying at 8 pm, it usually goes off and on until 11.  It's more frustrating though, because he's so easy during the day.  I mean really.  I can lay him down for a nap and he instantly falls asleep.  It's almost too easy.  I also just want him to be better.  The endless crying makes me feel so helpless.  I just wish I knew what I could do for him! 

Anyway, here are a few current pictures of the sweet baby boy!

Blowing bubbles at me!

Sammy LOVES Jacob. 

Jacob and Sammy Kirklin
(Connor and Sammy's big sis Amber are also only a few months apart!)

Bath time in our hotel sink during Connor's b-day weekend.

This is a typical look of his.  Pretty funny!

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

Sorry about Jacob's witching hour. Madeline was the same way and I can only imagine how much harder it is when you have two little ones. I sometimes forget how hard it was when she would cluster feed on me from 8-11 and finally rest for the night at 11. I remember telling Craig that I'd see him in 18 years...saying it'll pass doesn't help the here and now, so I just pray you get restful sleep when you do finally go to bed and that you and James are getting some couple time, too. He's adorable!