Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another Furniture Project

Yes, I am bored.  And yes, I am painting everything that I can since I can't paint the walls.  The goal?  To be completely ready when we move into our next house to decorate the way I want to.  My project for today was to make something old new again.  This dresser was from my friend Colleen.  It was in her nursery when she was a baby (which technicaly makes this an antique since we're 27 now).  It has been a perfect dresser/changing table.  I've been mulling over ideas for two years now and finally something clicked after reading through my Southern Living magazine...to use wall paper on the drawers and pick a paint that matches. 

A few before pictures...from Connor's original nursery (pre-baby)

 

From today in the garage before I got started.


I used Eddie Bower "Mercer Blue." 


To add some dimension to the drawers, I found some textured, paintable wall paper instead of one with a pattern. 


The drawers after the first coat of paint with the wall paper. 


Drying in the garage!


The almost finished product.  I am still debating the top knobs.  I kept the original knobs on the main drawers because I like the old with the new look.  I'm thinking about some small crystal knobs.  Just not sure yet!


I have a few more paint projects in mind along with some sewing projects and recovering my dining room chairs. 

1 comment:

Craig-Jen said...

They have some acrylic colored knobs at Target Hobby Lobby)- green, pink, blue and clear. When I was painting M's furniture to match an antique set from the 1920s that had glass knobs, I turned to the acrylic knobs at Target to "match." Turns out, my mom had some spare glass knobs that truly matched, but I was impressed with the acrylic!