Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Barstool Rehab

I've had all of these furniture rehab ideas floating in my head for a few years now.  I think I finally have a vision for how I want our house to look and I'm determined to do it as cheap as possible-and mostly handmade if I can.  The first project I took on was transforming an old garage sale find into an eye catching seat at our bar.  I bought these from our old neighbor in Wichita Falls for $60.  Nothing a little spray paint can't handle!

This is the "before" picture.

Step one was to paint the edges a darker color so that I could later distress the edges.


Step three was to paint them an off white.


Step three was to distress the edges using a small piece of sandpaper. 


I love the way they turned out!


Another up close view of the finished product!


My next project is to attempt to sew seat cushions.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

katie maulsby said...

I love them! Great work Mrs. Handywoman!!!

Anonymous said...

i wasn't exactly sure what you had in mind, but these turned out awesome!