Jacob is not what I would consider an infant anymore, but a full fledged baby. He is starting to finally sleep at least 6 hours a night consistently. (I will probably regret posting that, but it's been almost a week, so I think it's safe!) He is still nursing like a champ and has started eating most fruits and veggies. He HATES peas. That is the only food he has ever turned away from. He is starting to roll more and can sometimes go from back to front. He's also starting to push up a lot and is turning in circles. The legs haven't figure out what to do yet and for the moment, I am ok with him being stationary.
He is still quiet and reserved like his Daddy. He's a thinker. He thinks carefully about what he is going to do before he does it. He's also an observer-he watches you carefully as if to see what to do or what not to do. Basically, he is James in a smaller package.
He is very sweet and smiles a LOT. He is fitting into his exersaucer finally and loves playing in it. Unlike Connor who used to jump and man-handle it, he loves to carefully observe each toy and see what it does.
He absolutely ADORES his brother. I love watching them together. Connor still is the only one who can get Jacob to belly laugh (James and I can get small chuckles, but not full out laughter).
He loves spending time with his Daddy. He follows James with his eyes anytime James is around. He can spot him from accross the room and will give him the BIGGEST smile.
He is very sweet and is a great baby. He definately has his quirks, but I have had to learn that not all babies are the same. Jacob is Jacob (not Connor) and that was the first reality I had to face. He loves his Mommy time (especially in the middle of the night!) and does not like to be left alone or in the nursery at the YMCA or church. He still refuses the bottle, but I am proud that we have made it to 6 months and still nursing strong!
He recently started playing Peek-A-Boo with us by putting his head on the floor and picking it up when we say "Boo!" Pretty funny and exciting that the next stage of his life is coming up quick!
3 comments:
both of your boys are so amazing! thank you SO MUCH for coming to visit a few weeks ago. it was absolutely wonderful to get to spend that much time with you three. in fact, that was the only part of the 3 weeks matt was gone that i didn't mind him not being there, because it meant i got to hang out with you guys all the time:)
Congrats on nursing - and actually nursing and not pumping/bottle feeding (I seriously don't see anything wrong with either, or formula for that matter!). But it is challenging in ways that people don't understand or relate to (or so I've learned). Keep it up mama! That is a huge achievement!!!
Thanks Jenn. I was only able to nurse Connor for 4 months, so I definately didn't understand the sacrifice it is!
Post a Comment