Yes. I said it. And my son Jacob is full of it. I even have an X-Ray to prove it.
The portion I circled in red is pretty much a picture of a very, very clogged up little boy. Last week Jacob was just not a happy camper. So, on Friday (after a week of sleepless nights) I decided to take him to see what was wrong with the little guy. Thankfully, I finally got one who didn't just blow me off and decided to do a full check. He ran bloodwork and did a chest/belly X-Ray to be able to get a full picture.
Jacob typically goes three times a day (small amounts in proportion to the amout of food he eats), so I didn't even think constipation was a concern. I am very thankful for the Dr checking everything. We've been feeding prunes, peaches, pears and lots of those juices to try to get him flushed out. Feeding him less has lessened the pressure on his bowels as well and he's sleeping and feeling MUCH better. However, he still needs to get rid of all that junk that is stuck in there.
This really is a call for prayer, because I fear this has been his problem all along. I've taken him in twice to see different Doctors because he has gone a week or more without pooping. They all assured me this was normal and that it wasn't something to be concerned with. But obviously, by looking above, you can see that it's NOT normal and hasn't just worked itself out. I am going to take him in on Monday and force his Doctor on base to do every test possible to make sure his colon is working properly. Please pray that whatever it is (if anything) is a simple, easy fix and doesn't require any surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment