So, I'm sorry that I keep posting about this, but this is my accountability check! I like to have positive news to report and since I don't go to meetings or anything, you get to get excited about it with me :) Let's just say...I'm taking things slow. So, my current weight is:
144.5
That's down just 4.5 pounds from the last post in March, but I'm finally at my "I will be happy if I'm..." weight. I would still like to lose another 10 (that would get me to pre-baby weight), but for now...I'm happy that the numbers are still going down and 20 pounds are gone forever, however slowly that's happening.
Last week I had a BIG reality check. Jacob only gained 6 oz in a month. YIKES. That either means I wasn't eating enough calories, drinking enough water or wasn't feeding him enough solids to keep up with his rapidly growing body. So, I decided to put Jacob first and not stress about these last 10 pounds until I'm through nursing. The boy needs to grow!
Not everything in life is easy and trying to lose weight while nursing is one of those things. I must remind myself that I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14) and that I shouldn't judge myself by the world's standards, but rather God's. Slowly but surely, I am learning to embrace my motherly body, love a.k.a. stretch marks, and dark circles..because when I look at my two boys, each pound is so worth all the joy they bring!
2 comments:
your sacrifice is awesome. love you!
Beautifully written. You have a great balance! Keep it up Courtney! I'm still 10 pounds in the hole from pregnancy weight, too, and I've embraced the new body (stretch marks and all...) even though it is still hard at times!
Not every woman "bounces" back so easily! I've had to NOT compare myself to those that didn't have to do anything to regain their pre-pregnancy body in mere months. I think you look beautiful!
Post a Comment