A random trip back to Baylor to hang out with old friends and to meet some new ones.
This picture is from senior year: we were going to professors and school girls party...crazy stuff...
This is from Homecoming 2007 at the parade...after a night of fun catching up with old friends...
This is our finish to the Bearathon at Baylor in March 2008: we ran all 13.2 miles together!
The infamous Spring Break 2006 picture. We absolutely loved those huge jugs...filled with margaritas :)
Here is what I have discovered: No one ever stays the same. Life moves you and just like marriage, you have to keep friendships moving the same direction life is taking you. I went to visit my best friend Megan in Montgomery this past weekend and I discovered God is truly amazing. You know the old addage "make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold." It's totally true. God brings people into our lives for a reason-and sometimes he shows that to you in an obvious way and sometimes, it's not so obvious.
Megan and I met in Collins Dorms-we were in the penthouse: 6th floor! Through our four years at Baylor, we really grew to love and respect one another: i.e. we had a whole lot of fun! So, I want to post some old pics to add to the memory of our growing friendship. We spent our time eating at amazing restaurants, shopping in old town Montgomery, getting pedicures, and just catching up. I loved every minute of it and I wouldn't trade our time together for anything in the world.
I love it when you can see God moving through your friends and it makes me giddy to think how her life is going just the way she always wanted it. After living in Dallas working for Communities in Schools, she gave up the 8-5 job and found one working part time for Young Life. She is doing what she always dreamed of doing: working with kids for the glory of God. She has also met an amazing, godly man who I just can't wait to meet. I'm just so stinking happy for her!
Here's to Megan!
No comments:
Post a Comment