However, he had NO motivation to hold it or didn't even care to try. Two weeks ago, Connor took off his own pants, and decided to poop on the potty. Well, my friends, I decided that it was time to push him to finally ditch the diaper and join the big boy club.
So, the first week I flailed. He made messes, decided to poop in his pants, and just made a complete mess. After about a week, I changed tactics.
We took a trip to the BX and picked out a jar and candy. He got 2 M&M's for pee-pee and suckers for poop.
The BIG prize was this Mack truck. He's been eyeballing this thing for a while! The first night he expected us to give in. Once he realized that crying was not going to work, he got busy. The next day, it was poop on the potty with the words "Poop for Mack!" Pretty cute :)
We came home and made a countdown (7 days). The goal was for him to go a full week and try out his new skill at church. The days he pooped on the potty, we circles the number. Before bed, we would put an X over the day so he could see how much closer he was to the final prize. He got pretty excited to make the circle on the paper everyday!
We also made sure to load up his "underwear" drawer (which has been filled with diapers) with plenty of Thomas the Tank Engine & Lightening McQueen undies.
Somebody got caught on the potty! Oops! But, I need to brag a bit. My almost 2.5 year old knows how to point down (hence the hand over the privates). Yes, that is an amazing accomplishment and saves me daily floor scrubs!
Showing off his success! He made it to church wearing his big boy undies!
Proud new Mack owner! He worked hard-he deserves his gift!
I'm sure he'll make a few messes here and there and that's ok with me. I am sad that he's growing up, but excited that I have half of the diapers to wash! Congrats Connor on this BIG mile stone.
2 comments:
yay, connor!!! that's awesome and amazing and i'm so proud of you, connor! congratulations!
This was SUCH a good idea! Good job to BOTH Mom AND Connor! You deserve a prize as well!
Post a Comment